Your oral health and diet are linked. While brushing and flossing are essential to your oral health, your diet also plays a key factor. To help you learn more about your oral health, our dentist, Dr. Peter Karsant with Karsant Dentistry in San Francisco, California, is here to provide you some insight on the connection between your teeth and diet with these tips and tricks for your oral health.
Snacks to Stay Away From
– Hard Snacks: Anything that is hard to bite into can easily damage your teeth.
– Sticky and Chewy Snacks: It is often hard to wash away sticky and chewy snacks.
– Lodged Foods: Never eat foods that can easily get stuck between teeth.
– Sugars: Plaque can use sugar to eat through your tooth enamel.
– Carbs: Plaque can use carbs to eat through your tooth enamel.
Good Food Options
– Crunchy Foods: Crunchy foods have been shown to often produce additional saliva.
– Nutritious Meals: Rebuild your smile with minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
– Watery Snacks: Products that have loads of water can easily rinse out your mouth.
With these tips, you can enjoy your diet and keep your teeth in tip-top shape for years to come. If you have questions about your oral health or would like a semi-annual checkup, please consider giving us a call at 415-333-3919 today! We are always happy to address your questions and concerns pertaining to your oral health care.