Mouthguards are known to protect your teeth when you are playing a contact sport like football. However, did you know that skateboarding, bike riding, baseball and other fun-filled activities may require the need for a mouthguard? Yes, it’s true! Having a mouthguard is ideal to protect your teeth from sudden falls, harm, or injury.
Our dentist, Dr. Peter Karsant, is happy to help you with your mouthguard needs. Furthermore, our team at Karsant Dentistry in San Francisco, California, is eager to share with you facts on mouthguards.
Here are some fun-filled facts on mouthguards:
– If your mouthguard shows signs of warp or damage and doesn’t fit anymore, be sure to talk to your dentist to get a new one.
– There are three kinds of mouthguards: custom-built mouthguards, boil and bite mouthguards, and stock mouthguards.
– Custom-made mouthguards are for your personal teeth’s alignment, so you know you will have a fantastic fit and not have to worry about it on the field or while you are having fun if it comes loose.
– Mouthguards can guard your teeth against severe damage and is required in many sports for your teeth’s protection in case of fall or injury.
– Make sure you take good care for your mouthguard and clean it after every use and keep it dry to avoid damage in the water or sun.
– Teens and children need to have new mouthguards often because their teeth and alignment is still growing and changing.
– Boil and bite mouthguards, and stock mouthguards can be attained at the store but are not exclusively made to fit your teeth resulting in extra bulk, difficulty breathing, or movement.
Your smile is important to protect, and our team is happy to help you protect your smile and your oral health. If you have questions about your oral health or find yourself in need of a mouthguard, please call us today at 415-333-3919 to make an appointment. Our team looks forward to your call.